the one about my time in Boston

So Saturday I went up for a car detail (I had a groupon expiring) and was walking around. I was proud of myself that I went up alone, found the T in an area I was unfamiliar, went to the movies, and got myself back to the place in record time. I missed the independence and friendliness of the city. Then I got to thinking about my dating life, how hard it was to make friends, and the work environments I endured.

This week has been eye opening for me too. My "niece" was born. My "dad" was diagnosed with stage 4 lung/liver cancer and given 1 month to live. And I just thought "if I was in Boston I wouldn't be here for this."

The work environments were horrible. To each workplaces defense my professionalism wasn't 100%. I can say that now because the place I work at I would never say or do the things I did at prior places. BUT to my own defense I think I did feel a little...defensive. I noticed when I feel uncomfortable in a situation I tend to make others uncomfortable on purpose to push them away. This isnt the right thing to do which is something I've worked hard to correct but it's fact what I did. In the first company I worked for the work environment was EXTREMELY homophobic and "a boy's club" and in the second it was hostile. I move back to Western MA and work for a company that enforces zero tolerance. Also too I have matured so as I was driving to work I thought "What I put out is what I get back." Still wasn't a fun experience working for either of those two companies in Boston.

Then the unthinkable happened. Let me back up by saying when I moved to Boston January 2007 I had to find a new hip hop radio station (it's how I wake up every morning) so I found online Jamn 94.5. Since Jan 2 I have woken up to them every day (even downloaded the iHeart radio app to listen to them on my drive into work daily since moving June of 2011). The radio personalities Pebbles, Krazy Kulo, Melissa, and Ramiro are on facebook and twitter. So of course I started talking to them. I even sent Ramiro a first copy of my book when I printed it. Wrote an inscription on how much I admired him and his opinion.

I began joking around with Krazy Kulo I'd say a month ago. Letting him know that I know he's str8 but that I thought he was good looking. But the thing is there were more celebs I was joking around with too (Owen Benjamin, Eric Balfour, Alex Pettyfer) and they were joking right back. Owen even sent me a link to this show he was on called "Gaytown" and we traded tweets for awhile.

Again to their defense my joking probably goes a little far. I thought I was being completely funny as I treated each the same but they are strangers so I need to know that everyone takes jokes differently. Well Ramiro decides to take this to the airwaves. Now he didn't mention my book, didn't say "hey thanks for your support" and whenever he responds to my tweets or facebook posts it's to correct me if I made a mistake. Douchebag redflags going up. So he and Krazy Kulo decide I'm a "stalker" and read my tweets...editing them leaving out other people. Of course me being me tweets my disappointment of their "radio bullying" and wish them all luck in their endeavors. I even deleted my Jamn account on their website.

Here's my point. My time in Boston is exactly like my experience with Ramiro. I looked up and admired Boston only to get a slap in the face (by the dating, workplace, etc). I think I am over my adoration with it now. I'm not moving back. Done.

...my older posts