Olympus Has Fallen

 
I really wish I would stop judging a movie by the trailer. Because lemme tell you I was NOT looking forward to watching this movie. First I didn't get the title, but then it's a Gerard Butler action movie (rolls eyes).

Surprise number one the script is sharp. Intelligent even. Especially when I find out "Olympus Has Fallen" means the White House has been taken over. This is the code White House staff give to each other via radio communication. GOT IT! Now I can enjoy the rest of the movie.

Enjoy I did. Not only is it NOT the average Gerard Butler action movie, but Oscar Winner Melissa Leo may get nominated for another Best Supporting Actress Oscar AND WIN! Her role was so raw and real I legit welled up. Even Ashley Judd's character will break your heart! I cannot say one bad thing about this movie....well then again.

Ok so the premise is a small group of people take control of the White House and hold it hostage till their demands are met. That group of people is the issue. Part of me wishes that group was domestic to have a more terrorizing feeling, but the group is foreign. For such an original script I just wish they hadn't played stereotypes :( That's my ONLY beef. Other than that I loved the movie. My one thing I also love that it did was this is a pretty intense movie for an action movie. It shows some pretty insane stuff for being fake. The humor coming from it eased alot of tension. Gerard's character is basically Jack Bauer but WAY hotter.

Check this one out. Guys will love the action and badassness (that's a word now); while women will love the pathos. Gay men will love the mixture ;) 

...my older posts