A Quiet Place

Image result for a quiet place
I will be 100% honest like I've always been I did not like this movie and am being kind by giving it 3 out of 5 stars. Keep reading...
This is the most uneven movie I've ever seen. Don't get me wrong it has more good than bad, but the bad is glaring.

Without giving away any spoilers I will say the acting is TOP NOTCH! Brava, Emily Blunt and John Krasinski! They are phenomenal actors. As well as the child actors Noah Jupe (from Wonder) and Millicent Simmonds. Now casting Millicent was brilliant because she herself is a deaf actress. Lemme explain.

The movie is set in 2020 where alien creatures come to Earth. They are blind, but can only "see" by sound. You make significant noise, and they hunt you. Simple. SO this family uses sign language to talk as well as white salt to walk on throughout their town and home. The family is very meticulous in their lives...so why in the trailer does a little boy have a toy rocket that makes sound? WHY?! This was the first of a HUGE glaring mistake especially since later in the movie the rocket was brought back...UGH I can't tell you but things like that bother me. SO detailed then SO not detailed. It was frustrating watching. The worst part was when the characters LOOK like they "get it" and then...they didn't. Ironically Millicent's character Regan never "listened" to anyone and was the DUMBEST character in the movie. The characters said how smart she was, but she wasn't at all. GRRRR I am so mad because I wanted to love this movie going into it. I anticipated it when I saw the trailers.

UGH I just wanted to see how it ended; whatever. After it was over I was so done. Come to find out two guys wrote the screenplay, sold it, and John Krasinski rewrote the script, directed, and starred in it. I wonder if he altered things? In any event I was not impressed. But Millicent will be the next Marlee Matlin; she's a great actress.

BTW for the people that LOVED the film continue to. My review is my review it's not to sway or change how anyone feels. It's okay to not have the same opinion.

...my older posts