Bohemian Rhapsody

Bohemian Rhapsody poster.png
The highest grossing musical biopic of all-time. "Bohemian Rhapsody" is far and away one of my favorite movies of all-time as well.

The story about how Indian-British Farrokh Bulsara became Freddie Mercury. This movie covers it ALL. How he came up with the name Freddie Mercury, why he never got his 4 extra incisors removed, his sexuality, how they came up with the name Queen, and how the band was so far ahead of their time. In fact that is why I'm guessing the movie is called "Bohemian Rhapsody." Not only did that 6 minute rock opera change the course of music, but so did Queen. NOT just Freddie. The band didn't want to be singled out. Although it's main story is Freddie's background, the movie IS about the band. Some liberties were taken for dramatic effect, but make no mistake this movie IS about the band.

I apologize to Bradley Cooper for saying he will win for "A Star Is Born" because Rami Malek just stole it from him. Rami IS Freddie. Off-stage and on-stage. I don't think I have ever witnessed an actor/actress embody another human being the way Rami did. Even the rest of the cast LOOKED and SOUNDED the parts (Gwilym Lee as Brian May, Lucy Boynton as   Mary Austin, Ben Hardy as Roger Taylor, and Joe Mazzello as John Deacon). I was singing the songs and in stunned silence at how this felt more like home videos than a movie.

Easily 5 stars out of 5. I must own this DVD when it comes out.

...my older posts