Poltergeist

Nothing pisses me off more than blatant stupidity. The reason I liked the first Poltergeist is because it was clever and scared the crap outta me as a kid. This one makes me angry. Keep reading...
So the parents of three kids decide to move to a new housing development. It's of course haunted due to the fact that it was built on an ancient indian burial ground. What pisses me off is fact that the entire family wakes up in the middle of the night to their youngest daughter in front of the TV saying her friends are here, the mom questions the little girl the next day to ask her what she means, she says her ghost friends are there, then when their son says he had a strange encounter in the house NO ONE believes him. 

And so begins this 3 star rated movie. I wish it was better laid out, but it is what it is. The special effects are superb as is the acting. It's crazy how the little girl looks so much like Heather O'Rourke. I mean I enjoyed the movie just wish it wasn't so typical.

...my older posts