Run All Night

This movie about a man (Liam Neeson) trying to protect his son (Joel Kinnaman) from a mob boss sounds interesting...until it begins. I'm giving it 2 out of 5 stars and that's being generous. Keep reading...

So Ed Harris' son is a hotheaded bad boy who effs up at every turn. So it's no surprise he kills without a thought in the world, but when Joel witnesses it his son has the brilliant idea to kill Joel. Of course proud papa Liam kills bad son in order to protect Joel. Then Ed states "You killed my son so I will kill yours." And so begins the completely moronic movie that is Run All Night. The title alone. Makes me wanna call a plumber to fix it. Yeah I'll run all night...away from this film.

My main question after watching this movie: if Ed knows his bad seed son won't be stopped why then is he all "eye for an eye?" It's not like his son was a good kid and shot execution style. He was shot so a married father of three could live. And the kid was HORRIBLE! Yet Ed's character is still on a mission to "make Jimmy pay." UGH And there's a scene when Joel's wife KNOWS he's innocent but says "I should call the cops." My favorite was the line where Vincent D'Onofrio (the main clean cop) says to Liam "I got 15 witnesses that say you shot a cop." Liam says "That's right it was me not Michael (Joel)" Vincent's next line. "Like I believe that. I bet he's like his daddy." HUH? Didn't you just say you had 15 people see Liam shoot cops? I'm very confused. It was almost like the script wasn't proofread. Like how Steve Carrell's Evan read off the teleprompter from "Bruce Almighty" without really understanding what he was reading. These actors said their lines but nothing made sense.

As horrible as this movie was I think it was still better than some of the drek out there. I'll stand by my 2 stars but the producers need to do better next time.

...my older posts