the one about getting out of your own way

So I have a friend who posts ALL his business on Facebook. I'm talking his sexual exploits, his hatred for people, and my personal fave is a pic of his crack pipe with his dick at the bottom. Ever meet someone and wanna say GET OUT OF YOUR WAY?! He hasn't asked my opinion but I won't give it.

I have another friend who when his roommate was locked out of their apt wouldn't answer the door because he was hooking up! THEN the same friend basically expected the roommate to stay in his room while he entertained his latest fling. What's bad is the fling by all accounts hasn't treated him the best.

But my point is throughout my life I have had moments like this. Once I realized I was legit making guys run from me because I would go on dates expecting it to BE something other than a first date. I've had to get out of my own way. But does anyone else know this phrase? Do they know how?

...my older posts