12 Years A Slave


I'm gonna say it "12 Years A Slave" bored me. Yup I said it. Here's why the performances were great, but I felt the story has been told COUNTLESS times prior. I felt like I was watching a repeat of Django Unchained. Lupita was good, but the woman who played Eliza did a better job. I felt more heartbreak for her character having been basically rendered "barren" than I did for Lupita's Patsy. And one thing about the script that BUGGED me was it felt like it was written for a good performance. My meaning: Solomon couldn't trust anyone and it was obvious to the AUDIENCE but not to him, the story had unresolved plots, details weren't explained, characters come in and leave without reason....JUST A HOT MESS!
I would give this three stars out of five. I wouldn't have awarded it Best Picture at all...maybe Gravity.




...my older posts