Marriage Story

MarriageStoryPoster.png
"Marriage Story" is about NY playwright/director Charlie Barber (Adam Driver) and his LA born actress wife Nicole (Scarlett Johannsson) as they navigate the most realistic divorce in cinema history since Kramer vs Kramer. Currently I know three couples at different stages of divorce. 

I don't like Scarlett Johannasson as a public figure, but she does a great job. Adam Driver NAILED IT! NAILED IT! They have this argument that brought me to tears and made me gasp at how real it was. If Joker wasn't released this year, Adam would win.

This movie is 5 stars. Director/Writer Noah Baumbach wrote this meshing his own divorce with actress Jennifer Jason Leigh and his parents' divorce together. Noah not only gave Jennifer the script but screened it for her; she approved! 

...my older posts