The Hunger Games (movie)


Saw "The Hunger Games" tonight. The chatty women next to me and the old lady with a flagellant problem not withstanding I have to say the movie disappointed me.

Say what you want about the "Twilight" films they stay true to the books AND explain ALOT!!! THG was written by Suzanne Collins AND she adapted the screenplay. I was pumped only to discover she apparently doesn't KNOW how to adapt her own material.

There were scenes in the movie that didn't need explaining while a gesture here or a look there meant SO MUCH in the book was not explained. In all honesty I felt rushed. It was like "Ok here is the Hunger Games movie now I'm gonna introduce you to them in the beginning, make sure you care about them cuz I want you to, and we are at the end." WTF?! The actors cast were brilliant choices. Peeta won me over immediately. But I just feel like the script needed fine tuning.

Overall it was good. Definitely set up for the sequels...okay if I'm being honest I KNOW the sequel is next but it didn't set up in this film. It kinda...ended. 

Maybe what they shoulda done is had a huge fan of the books and talented screenwriter adapt the books. It worked for Twilight. Just saying.

...my older posts