The Iron Lady

Meryl Streep plays Margaret Thatcher, the first female Prime Minister. The movie is not linear as it tells the present and then flashes back to the past. The only way I kept up with the movie is seriously through the hairdos.

I was one of those booing her 3rd win but lemme tell you she SO flawlessly portrayed Margaret Thatcher she copied her damn signature. There's a scene where Meryl as Margaret is signing books and I looked up Margaret Thatcher on Wikipedia. It showed Margaret's signature and damned if it wasn't identical. The british accent flawless. Her hand and body movements. Yes she deserved it...sorry Vi! Next time!!!

The movie itself was ok. It couldn't figure out if it liked her or not. One scene particularly troubling was her driving to work with her kids screaming by the window. I felt VERY uncomfortable with that. I don't know her but her kids weren't happy by it.

Overall not bad though. "The Queen" is still my favorite British movie...ps the Queen was NEVER showed. Just saying.

...my older posts