Edge of Tomorrow

Tom Cruise is in yet another futuristic action/drama. I don't know why he keeps making these, but this one is actually quite good. Keep reading.
Tom plays an Army Major sent to the front line, only he's NEVER served before purely administrative in a world where Aliens are invading the Earth. Of course he uses every manipulation he can to not get sent, but he is sent instead. And when he arrives it's rumored he impersonated a Major and is actually a Private. But why was he sent in the first place? Things get dicey when he detonates a bomb near an Alpha Alien; the blood of that Alien spills all over him killing him. And so begins "Groundhog's Day" meets "Terminator." Tom's character suddenly must relive the same day over and over but he gets further and further into the mission. Emily Blunt is a master soldier that helps Tom's character. I will not go into spoilers, but trust me this was confusing AND good at the same time.

For her role Emily Blunt is genius. I LOVE seeing an actor in a role you've never seen her in. And this future Oscar Nominated Actress is BAD ASS! Yes she WILL be nominated in her lifetime. I mean did you See "The Devil Wears Prada?" Well if you did then it gives you more reason to see her in this. So versatile! 

I will give it 3 out of 5 stars here's why. Although Tom & Emily are amazing in the film there's NEVER a reason why Tom was sent. I know that's a whole 2 points, but it really needs to be explained. And it's confusing at times...I can't explain without giving away spoilers.

I am going to give Tom a welcome back. This is a good movie; I suspect it's one of those movies you have to view more than once to fully get...in a good way. And I've never been a HUGE Cruiser, but MAN is he attractive in this movie. I know he's over 50, but GD I see how he makes women...and gay men...weak in the knees. Btw I wanted to end on this...here is the butt of 51 year old Thomas Cruise Mapother IV...You're welcome.


...my older posts