Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

  
Mark Wahlberg is Cade Yeager, an ameteur inventor living on a farm. He's also a widowed dad of a teenage girl. To keep food on the table he cleans up messy buildings and restores them. He happens upon Optomus Prime in his small town in Texas. Interesting right? Keep reading....
Right off the bat I will give this a 4 out of 5 stars here's why. The main story was good as Decepticons are still on the planet, and they are battling the Autobots whom are hidden amongst the world trying to hide from the humans that are now hunting them and dismantling them. But why? Why are the Decepticons still on Earth? And why are humans hunting Autobots? Are they working together? Therein lies the complex tale that Ehren Kruger, writer of "Skeleton Key," "The Ring," and "Scream 3," is telling. That part was good; the acting was good, and you CARE what happens to the characters even when they make very dumb decisions. Which is where my beef comes in as the story unfolds in a clunky way. BTW there is no mention of Sam Witwicky or the other three movies except to mention the last "What had happened 5 years ago in Chicago."

My bone of contention is some of the scenes. Something emotional happens and the WRONG person reacts. When the family is on the run (there's a TINY spoiler) they hide out at an abandon gas station with no food and sleep on an unsanitized mattress. GROSS! I know nitpicking, but I wanna hear dialogue telling me about this detail. And also their money issues are a HUGE reason why Cade does what he does, but it's never talked about in the end. No resolution and that really sucked. Another part is when something happens you think the movie is about to be over and it goes on another thirty minutes. One more thing Mark Wahlberg I know is 43 but looks early 30s. Donnie Wahlberg woulda been a better fit as he looks like he could be his "daughter's" older brother. Even his picture of him "younger" wasn't altered by the props department. Shameful. I also always feel bad for the cities that are destroyed in these movies.

Michael Bay is ON POINT as he makes the screen pop. And the real treat was the Dinobots. Their story and arrival I will not say, but this like the other movies is what "Transformers" fans from the 80's has expected. And my new yummy crush is Jack Reynor: he's tall, Irish complete with accent, and can actually act! He's only 22 but plays mid 20s. I see big things in his future. Kelsey Grammer and Stanley Tucci have major roles in the film (no spoilers).

Overrall I will more than likely see this again in the theater just like I did the other three. Make sure you see it if you liked the first three. My butt fell asleep while watching, but hey it was worth it :)

...my older posts