Dirty Grandpa

Dirty Grandpa teaser poster.jpg
The older I get the more I hate movies where the characters don't speak up. It didn't bother me before but it does now. I give "Dirty Grandpa" 3 stars...keep reading below why.
So Zac Efron is buttoned up lawyer Jason Kelly, son of David Kelly (Dermot Mulroney) and grandson of recently widowed Richard Kelly (Robert DeNiro). After his wife's funeral Richard enlists Jason to drive him from Atlanta to Boca Raton FL so he can golf like he and his wife did annually. What transpires is a semi-funny trip to Florida that shows Grandpa Dick as a sex addict, potty mouthed, too aggressive schemer. Jason is a pushover especially with his fiancee Meredith (Julianne Hough) back home waiting for him to return. Meredith is rude, unemotional, and prissy. My gripe about the movie is Jason NEVER even at the end stands up for himself to anyone except his grandpa whom he rips into a handful of times.

The movie is funny but uneven, not realistic, and unoriginal at times. I love seeing Hollywood Royalty mix it up with Hollywood Newbies. But in the end it was an OK movie. Aubrey Plaza as horny Lenore, into "having sex with old guys," is the funniest thing in the movie. Adam Pally, cousin Nick, is annoying but funny. Worth seeing...at home.

...my older posts