13 Hours

13 Hours poster.jpg

Easily 5 out of 5 stars. Michael Bay directs the lost realistic true story I've ever seen. Keep reading...

"13 Hours" does indeed feel like 13 hours as the film takes us through 4 separate attacks on two U.S. barracks in war torn Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012. This movie feels like a real life "Halo" event, but when I say real life I mean it. Based on the book of the same name even though it has those graphic scenes of war, you can tell they relied heavily on source material for the film.

James Badge Dale (who's exactly 2 years younger than me) leads this special tactical team of 6 featuring John Krasinski, David Denman, Max Martini, Dominic Fumusa, and my personal fave Pablo Schreiber. Sidenote: it felt amazing as a fan of PS to see him go from TV guest star to co-star of a major Hollywood film. He's handsome but above all talented. He's the main reason I went, but I was also pleasantly surprised to see David Giuntoli from "Grimm" in the film too. David's rise from MTV's "Road Rules" to "Grimm" to this movie made me even happier. I always knew PS could act, but David REALLY REALLY impressed me. He's good on "Grimm" but this movie showed he was born to be an actor. Also David Denman from "Parenthood," Max Martini and Dominic Fumusa (who could play Kim Coates son) have each racked up impressive credits in their own rights. I just loved that the casting director put actual thespians in the roles NOT mega superstars, but trust me after everyone sees this film all of these guys will be. Michael Bay brought it out of all of them. "Wow he's in this too?" I kept saying to myself. Just very happy about this film all the way round.

Sorry I digress also co-starring are Toby Stephens, Matt Letscher, Freddie Stroma (from "Unreal"), and character actor David Constabile so if this movie does NOT win accolades I will be very surprised. After seeing this film I feel even more proud to be an American. And if you didn't cry at the hang ten hand sign Pablo gave at the end of the film (that's all I'm gonna say) you are not a human being. 

...my older posts