Fuller House


I can say that I got to witness the birth and rebirth of a classic TV show. From 1987 till 1995 my friends and I watched Full House EVERY Friday night while other kids our age partied. Now Netflix has revived the show called Fuller House. It easily gets 5 out of 5 stars with me. Keep reading....
Full House was about Danny Tanner raising his three daughters after his wife died. His single brother-in-law Jesse and single best friend Joey moved in to help him. Now Danny's oldest daughter DJ (Tanner) Fuller is widowed and moved back home with her three sons after her husband died. DJ's sister Stephanie and best friend Kimmy move in to help her BUT Kimmy is a separated wife with a daughter Ramona, whom DJ's oldest Jackson hates. 

Yes the show follows the same premise and sometimes has the same jokes. But for real fans of the show (not paid critics who make it their business to hate-on anything not produced by networks). The writing and production are an updated version of the original. And the acting...And I love love love the references to the past (ie. "Michelle Tanner is in New York running her fashion empire." "I have Alanis Morrisette bumping in the car. Hey you know who that song is about right?" all all the references to the 80s and 90s). 

Sometimes when actors that haven't acted in awhile come back in their original roles, they forget how to act. Andrea Barber as Kimmie Gibbler, Jodie Sweetin as Stephanie Tanner, Candace Cameron Bure as DJ Tanner, and Scott Weinger as Steve did NOT forget how to act. In fact in the original series Kimmy Gibbler was actually annoying, but today's Kimmy Gibbler is hilarious!!!!!!!!! And the newbies Michael Campion as oldest son Jackson (DJ Danner), Elias Harger as middle son Max (Stephanie Tanner), and twins Dashiel & Fox Messitt as Tommy (Michelle Tanner) are so welcome. Especially Elias steals the show as Max. Also rounding out the newbies to the show are Kimmy's daughter Ramona played by Soni Nicole Bringas and Kimmy's soon-to-be-ex husband Fernando Hernandez-Guerrero-Fernandez-Guerrero played by Juan Pablo DiPace. To be honest Michelle Tanner wouldn't fit properly in this new format.

So I will gush a bit right now. Juan Pablo DiPace first caught my eye on the other revival he was on (Dallas). He played a scoundrel named Nicholas Trevino. He was so bad but that face. He immediately became my crush after discovering not only is he the most beautiful Argentinian man I've ever seen, but he can sing and dance (he played Danny Zuko from Grease on an Italian theater stage and Tony Manero from Saturday Night Fever on a Spanish theater stage), but his most famous role is Jesus in AD: The Bible Continues (which he just won MovieGuide's Most Inspiring TV Performance). And if you follow him on twitter & Instagram he's one of the most humble celebrities out there. He's also been my mancrush Monday MANY times, but I swear I'm not biased lol Juan Pablo's chemistry with Andrea is amazing though. They are perfect together.

I cannot write this review without mentioning how much I rediscovered my love for DJ Tanner & Candace Cameron Bure. The View has really put her in a negative light. She's often misunderstood and frowned upon when she states her opinions. All that negativity disappeared the second DJ Tanner appeared on my laptop. DJ was always my fave and remains :) Stephanie is still funny, but DJ and I grew up together. Plus Candace's chemistry with Scott is amazing!!!!!!! Still after 28 years. WoW!

Bottom line: if you loved Full House then you will LOVE Fuller House. You won't be disappointed.

...my older posts