Pride + Prejudice + Zombies

"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" was a good movie UNTIL the after credit scenes. Prior to that scene I'd give it 4 stars but after that scene I'd give it 2. Keep reading below...
So Lily James (from Cinderella) plays Liz Bennett, the title character from the original Pride & Prejudice book. Liz is one of 5 daughters from the English Bennetts of modest living. Mrs. Bennett desperately wants all of her daughters to marry but especially the "plain and outspoken" Liz. Wiki the entire storyline of the book and just add zombies lol

The part I loved was kicking butt women of course. I've been a feminist in that regard since before I knew what a feminist was. But what I found...difficult is the graphic death scenes and special effects. I've watched "The Walking Dead" but this is grossier than that. (shivers) And when the movie ended I was satisfied. I must admit an insane crush on Jack Huston. He can play good or bad I just LOVE seeing him onscreen (wipes drool)

Now before I go to a movie I do a few things: 1) Check in on FB, 2) see if there are any after credit scenes on AMC Stubs app, 3) go to CVS and pick up my snacks lol The AMC Stubs app told me there's a great scene AFTER credits. I sat and waited and wish I didn't. The scene TOTALLY debunks one MAJOR factor in the film. My 13 year old nephew turns to me and says "That doesn't even make sense." And he's right. UGH hopefully at some point they remove that scene. 

...my older posts