2016 Movie Guide

Here is my movie guide from 2016...


"Manchester By The Sea" is far and away my favorite movie of the year. Casey Affleck is a broken janitor living in Quincy, MA dreading to go back to Manchester-By-The-Sea, MA to care for his now orphaned nephew. That's all I'm going to say except for it's a rollercoaster and when you get to the end you're floored. Emotionally floored. I knew Casey would win an Oscar for this movie.

"Doctor Strange" was good. Intelligent superhero movie. I loved that and glad I saw it. Cannot wait for the sequel. It's a stark contrast to "Deadpool" which was a racy superhero movie. Benedict Cumberbatch was a brilliant casting choice. A man encountering his super powers organically

Some of my other favorites of 2016 were "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot," "Moonlight," "The Arrival,"  "Captain America: Civil War," "Miracles from Heaven," "The Jungle Book," "The Boss," "Keanu," "Angry Birds," "Fences," "Money Monster," "The Nice Guys," "Central Intelligence," "The Shallows," "Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie," "Miles Ahead," "Sully," "Sausage Party," "TMNT: Out of the Shadows," "The Accountant," "Trolls," "Lion," and "Hidden Figures."

Some OK movies of 2016 were "The Purge: Election Year," "Finding Dory," "Hardcore Henry," "Star Trek Beyond," "The Magnificent Seven," "The Girl on the Train," "Jack Reacher: Never Go Back," "Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them," and "Allied."

Some of my LEAST favorites of 2016 have to be "A Bigger Splash," "Tarzan," "Batman vs Superman" (except loved seeing Wonder Woman), "Mother's Day," "The Huntsman: Winter's War," "Alice Through the Looking Glass," The Suicide Squad," "The Perfect Match," "Ghostbusters," "Jason Bourne," "Inferno."

By far the WORST movie was "Warcraft." I walked out of the movie theater then tried watching it online. AWFUL! And LaLaLand was overhyped.

...my older posts