Crazy Rich Asians

Image result for crazy rich asians movie
When I first heard the title I laughed. "How silly." But then I heard Awkwafina from Ocean's 8, Ken Jeong from "The Hangover" franchise, Michelle Yeoh from one of my fave movies of all time "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," and some hot asian guy named Henry Golding. I decided to check it out...WOW!

Simple story: a couple meet in NYC. She's a college professor. He's hot (they never explained what he does). They have been dating a year so he decides he wants to bring her home to his family in Singapore for his best friend's wedding. Well in SINGAPORE he's basically a royal. His family owns a development company that DEVELOPED Singapore. And so begins Rachel (Constance Wu) trying to fit with Nick (Henry Golding) and his family. Michelle Yeoh is his disapproving mother. Awkwafina is Rachel's NYC friend who moved back to Singapore but has had little touch with Rachel since the move.

What surprised me is that YES Henry is drop dead gorgeous. But the man can act. For real, for real. Awkwafina stole the show for me as Rachel's best friend tho. ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS! My Michelle didn't disappoint, but Constance Wu is one of my fave actresses now. She can do funny and make you cry within 2 seconds of each other.  

I loved every single frame of this movie. It was funny, sweet, and I LOVED seeing the Asian culture. Thankfully it's a 3 part book series. This one deserves a 5 star up and down, sideways, front ways. LOVED IT!

The cinematography, costumes, EVERYTHING about this film is amazing. My eyes were poppin! Cannot wait for the sequels. And the fact that it's an all asian cast makes this sweeter.

...my older posts