The Mule

Image result for the mule 2018
Another 5 star movie. This time from producer/director/star Clint Eastwood.


Based on a true story Eastwood plays recently homeless horticulturalist Earl Stone. The 90 year old man unknowingly becomes a drug mule driving guns and drugs back and forth to a hotel for the Mexican cartel. The money he earns helps change not only his life for the better but his relationship with his family. But at the same time Bradley Cooper, DEA Agent Colin Bates, is closing in the Mexican cartel and it's US mules.


At first I didn't like Earl, but you begin to like him kind of like that one uncle in your family that has no filter, but you know doesn't mean to be offensive. Earl learns just as we do. VERY good movie. Another 5 star...incredibly it's based on the life of Leo Sharp at 90. He was a drug mule who died in 2016 at 92.


Eastwood should at least get an Oscar nod although it's Rami's award this year. I LOVED seeing my boo Ignacio "Nacho" Serricho finally get a role deserving of his talent. In my dream world he'd be nominated for Best Supporting Actor at this year's Academy Awards.


I did feel like Bradley Cooper phoned it in. He wasn't his usual intense self. Or maybe he's just that good I didn't notice. Either way the movie is great.

...my older posts