Shaft

Shaft (2019) film poster.png
Not sure what movie critics saw but I looooooooooooved "Shaft" so much. 5 stars out of 5!!!!

In this version it kind of pushed aside the 2000 reboot. Samuel L. Jackson is John Shaft, former police detective turned private investigator. He no longer "works for the man" and John Shaft Sr. is actually his dad not his uncle (like the 2000 reboot suggested). There's also a bit of annoyance in Jackson's performance that wasn't there in 2000. I LOVED THAT! And in comes Jessie T. Usher as John Shaft III. His mother (Regina Hall) got him and her out of Shaft's line of work to save themselves.

My ONLY criticism is that I wish JJ's mom was a bit older. Not saying Regina wasn't AMAZING in the part, but with Shaft being 60 today and 40 years ago that basically meant he was with a just out of jailbait woman. 

Again I loved this movie.

...my older posts