Rocketman

Rocketman (film).png
"Rocketman" stars Taron Egerton as Sir Elton Hercules John born as shy, pudgy Reginald "Reggie" Dwight. Taron sings and acts his ass off, but falls short. Bryce Dallas Howard as his cold, unloving mother Sheila deserves an Oscar nomination if not win. It's Sheila's unlove coupled with his dad's neglect that propels Elton to superstardom. 

I feel bad for Taron because I think he wants too get praise, but it just feels like he tried too hard. Jamie Bell as Bernie Taupin was great! Very understated. Deserves an award or two himself.

They left out his friendships with Gianni Versace, Tim Rice, and Princess Diana or his Oscar win, but explained his sexuality fully. I would give this movie 4 stars out of 5. It's not billed as a musical but a musical biopic. I went into it thinking it was Bohemian Rhapsody, but it was more like Chicago. Taron does sound like Elton, but I wasn't prepared for the "musical" side of it. It was kind of jarring if I'm being honest.

Worth seeing I will say, but just be prepared for it to be a musical. If you don't like them don't go see it.

...my older posts