21 Bridges

21BridgesPoster.jpeg
Straight away I will give this movie 4 stars. Here's why: Chadwick Boseman is PHENOMENAL in it! I think he showed more range in Black Panther, but he's good in this movie too. VERY good! 

Chadwick is Andre Davis, a not-so-by-the-books cop who's dad died during his own police investigation. Andre is called in by Captain McKenna (JK Simmons) to investigate the death of 8 cops at a local restaurant. Stephan James & Taylor Kitsch play the cop killers with Sienna Miller and Keith David as fellow cops helping Andre (Keith's role was mostly emotional support since he knew his dad). Andre realizes in order to trap the killers he has to close all 21 bridges that go in and out of Manhattan. But we all know what happens when you corner an animal!

There are twists and turns, BUT where it loses my favor is one of the biggest twists in the movie keeps getting hinted at even in the beginning. It's left unanswered till the middle and end, but my point is it should've never been hinted at all. Had they not tipped their hand so obviously I would've loved this movie and given it 5 stars. But that other than that very good movie. 

...my older posts