Charlie's Angels

Charlie's Angels (Official 2019 Film Poster).png
So this "Charlie's Angels" wasn't a reboot but more of a continuation. Ima give it 3 stars.

Directed and written by Elizabeth Banks, this version replaces Bill Murray & Bernie Mac in all the previous and puts Patrick Stewart as the original Bosley as well as the TV show. 

John Bosley is retiring and Rebekah Bosley (Elizabeth Banks) is taking over. In his long career Bosley has taken the Townsend Agency global with agencies all over the world and in every major US city LA being the main training center. Kristen Stewart is Sabina Wilson, a former socialite turned Angel with Ella Balinska as Jane, another Angel. It also serves as sort of an origin story as they unofficially recruit scientist and inventor Elena (Naomi Scott). Elena has created Calisto, a machine that can create E.M.P. bursts. Of course in the wrong hands it's deadly. 

The main problem with this the Angels themselves. No disrespect to Ella or Naomi, but the REASON we loved the 2000 version of Charlie's Angels is because we all KNEW Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu, and Cameron Diaz. I mainly went for Kristen Stewart who killed it as a character so far removed from anything else she's ever played. Had they gone with known actresses I would've loved this. Kept the interpretations fine...maybe worked on the script a tiny bit more, but for me the actresses didn't wow me. I had no investment in them at all. I didn't feel the bond like I did with the previous Angel movies. Still worth seeing, but maybe wait for cable.

I wouldn't be mad at another continuation movie. I love these movies! Women kicking ass are my fave movies.

...my older posts