Ford vs Ferrari

Ford v. Ferrari (2019 film poster).png
5 stars out of 5 EASILY! One of my fave biopics in recent memory; what made it even better is I went into the movie not knowing ONE thing about it...had to support my future husband Matt Damon obvi. Keep reading...
The story is pretty simple: A seed of a vendetta starts between Henry Ford II (Tracy Letts) and Enzo Ferrari (Remo Girone) when Lee Iacocca (Jon Berthnal) tries buying Ferrari for Ford Motor Company. When Enzo insults Henry II to the bone, Ford decides to get a team together to enter LeMans and beat them. Enter former race car champion Carroll Shelby (Matt Damon) assemble the team starting with former driver Ken Phillips (Christian Bale); slight problem Ken pisses off Henry II's right hand man Leo Beebe (Josh Lucas). So begins a war between Ford vs Ferrari and within the Ford walls.

Brilliantly acted, James Mangold slayed the direction, and Jez & John-Henry Butterworth along with Jason Keller nailed the script. Amazing movie start to finish (see what I did there). Everyone deserves nominations ESPECIALLY Tracy Letts & Caitriona Balfe who plays Ken's wife. His interpretation of Henry Ford II isn't some one-note blowhard. Tracy DESERVES an Oscar nomination for Supporting Actor as well as Christian Bale, I still feel like Jamie Foxx has this on lock in Just Mercy. But excellent movie all around. Ps shout out to one of my soap faves Sean Carrigan for playing a driver in the film.:D

Fun fact: Noah Jupe who's played in other movies such as Wonder and A Quiet Place...he's British. I NEVER KNEW! He's played American characters this whole time I just thought he was American. WOW!!!!!

...my older posts