666 Park Avenue



Since "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" became a hit back in the 90s following the success of "The Hardy Boys," "Twilight Zone," and "Twin Peaks" there has been much success in creepy TV shows. "American Horror Story" has become the latest sensation of the creepy TV show category. Now comes "666 Park Avenue." This show about a young couple that moves into a prestigious apartment building 999 Park Avenue in New York and strange things happen is a mild success in my eyes.

Reason I say mild is "Once Upon A Time" for me is the ultimate in "creepy" shows. I can't really put it as creepy because it's more just dark. But the thing I love about "Once.." is from the season premiere it grabs you by the collar, punches you in the gut, then stabs you to finish you off. With "666" so far it kinda just slaps you. I understand building momentum, but in the age where instant gratification is key you NEED to get my attention sooner rather than later or I will simply stop watching and wait for it come out on Netflix.

The premise that the Devil lives on Earth and makes people's dreams come true at a cost to their soul is interesting, but give me drama and danger upfront. I don't feel scared just kinda bored. I've seen some of this stuff before.

Hopefully it gets better because I really wanna like this show.

...my older posts