Alex Cross

Tyler Perry as "Alex Cross?" Matthew Fox as a villian? Already my mind was made up to hate it. Critics panned it. Box office was down. Yet another start out of the gate with a limp horse.

Alex Cross is one of those movies where you don't give it a chance, but when you watch it you are like "Wow this is amazing." Because it truly was.

I chuckled like everyone else when I heard about Tyler's casting. But Tyler Perry brings so much pathos to the role. My thinking was he approached it like his character Brian from the Madea movies with a different job. So much happens to "Alex Cross" that tears at the heart strings. And Matthew Fox? The guy from Lost & Party of Five villianious? Lemme tell you WOW! His first order of business was he lost 35 lbs and his character The Butcher is RUTHLESS! I'm gonna say one of the most evil characters in movie history.

There's one scene he does something so spiteful and mean I think only Heath Ledger's Joker could be as cruel.

You want a good action movie? See "Alex Cross." Critics and box office be damned this is a great movie.

BTW at the end of the movie everyone in the theater applauded. Just saying.

...my older posts