the one about realizing I'm not a one-person dreammaker

So my friend told me I should create a crowd funding campaign to get a marketing package for my book. I'm a writer not an editor, marketer, or businessperson so I refused. Then I thought about all the edits I've done, all the people I've tried to reach, all the time and energy I've spent promoted my book this summer so I heavily considered it. And then my sister read the edited version and found errors in that so I reached my breaking point. She said to me "I don't think you can edit your own book because you know what you want it to say and you won't see it any differently than how it's written." And she's right. I can edit it a billion times and I won't find everything. But I can't ask or expect anyone to do this for free. So I had to change course and not try doing this on my own. I had swallow my pride and ask for help. (Sigh) I created a gofundme account http://t.co/sTfNWhoRdy

The linchpin also was talking to my friend Kelly. She didn't tell me I should do create this campaign, but she told me to believe in myself. And I do. It's funny between her and my friend Brandon I have two life coaches lol Thank God for them! They don't give me marketing or editing advice but they make sure my spirit and confidence isn't broken in the interim of all this.

It's tough for me because my two goals were to make this book a success and to do it on my own merits. Having to delete goal number to is probably the toughest thing I've ever had to do.

Just wanted you all to know the background of why I created my gofundme campaign and not see it as some scatter brained left field decision. I would rather do all of this on my own but I realize there comes a time when you can't and must admit help is required to make a dream come true :)

...my older posts