The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

"The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" is the sequel to "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey." In this movie we see Bilbo Baggins and the crew going back to Durin, Thorin's kingdom, to defeat the dragon Smaug and get the Arkenstone (why they needed the stone totally escapes me). Aside from that fact, which honestly I didn't care about, the movie was so entertaining on every level. I'm gonna give it 4.75 stars out of 5. Here's why...
The pacing of this movie is WHAT annoyed me. I loved that there was a nice love story, sense of danger with the Orcs, adventure of traveling to Durin and going through a secret entrance, and confronting Smaug.

If you loved the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the first Hobbit, this will not disappoint. In fact it will exceed your expectations. Visually it's amazing, there's a fight scene in barrels on the water that had me all geeked out. Highly recommend. 

...my older posts