Philomena

Philomena Lee is a 70 something woman still looking for the son taken away from her when she was just 20 years old. And that's all I can say without giving away the plot. BUT I loved it...
This movie isn't just about a woman finding her son; it's also about forgiveness, selfless love, gay rights, I mean you name it and it's a subject matter in there. This is also inspired by true events which is even more incredible. Co-written by Steve Coogan there are so many twists and turns you get a bit confused, but at the same time you can follow along. I don't know how to describe it other than complex. It's great. And of course Dame Judi Dench is MAGNIFICENT! I just want her Meryl Streep, Al Pacino, and Leonardo DiCaprio in a movie together. I don't care the script I just wanna watch. (Fantasizes)

I give this 4 stars. I don't know why not 5...I can't put my finger on why it's not perfect, but it just isn't ya know?! But it's one of those movies you could watch over and over and still love. Oscar caliber.

...my older posts