Pompeii

Kit Harington from "Game of Thrones" plays the lead in this based on true events story of a city lost. Think of it like a volcano version of "Titanic." The disaster is real but everything else is left up to interpretation.


Let me tell you this movie is a hell of a ride. It's well written, well acted, great cinematography, and convincing. Yup I said convincing. We honestly don't know what happened, but we do know a volcano erupted and erased an entire city and its people. My 11 year old nephew went with me and LOVED it his only complaint was "I wish the couple survived." And that's exactly the reaction I know they wanted. He and I both loved it. 

Kit was captivating. He had the perfect smolder and simmer that role needed. It won't win any Oscars (it'll be nominated for Special Effects, Cinematography, Hair, Makeup, and Costume Design probably), but it was so entertaining. I'm sure critics will bash it, but I loved everything about it...well almost everything. Not trying to be rude but I thought Sasha Roiz was a distracting miscast. He just didn't fit in the movie as a second villain. Kiefer Sutherland though was perfectly cast; WOW! Paul W. S. Anderson directed a movie you can watch over and over and love.

Definitely gonna give this four out of five stars. It wasn't perfect, but it was definitely great.

...my older posts