Captain America: The Winter Soldier

File:Captain America The Winter Soldier.jpg
Let me say I am glad it's not called "Captain America 2" like most superhero/comic book movies will be. Because this is basically an updated version of the brilliant first one. What I mean by that is it's got the 3 C's: Clever, Consistency, and Consciousness. When I say this I mean it's conscious of the other Marvel movies, consistent timeline, and it cleverly weaves in original and comic book situations. You are never sure what will happen or how things will end. And I LOVE that. Easily 5 stars out of five.


Chris Evans is back as Captain Steve Rogers aka Captain America the cryogenically defrosted super soldier from yesteryear. Chris really has come a long way in his acting btw. Sorry I digress. This time instead of facing just one enemy he's facing a new threat (that threat is hot, amazingly acted, and perfectly plotted). I won't give it away, but this one will tug at the heartstrings. It's good! ScarJo is back as Black Widow awesomeness and she even stepped up her game as well. It also of course brings back Samuel L. Jackson and some newbies. All are amazing INCLUDING legendary actor Robert Redford. I mean this movie has Hollywood box office gold written all over it. I literally cannot think of one thing wrong...wait yes I can. It's so good I feel like Joss Wheadon wrote this himself.

My ONLY gripe is Emily VanCamp is WASTED in this movie. She does little to nothing. I'm hoping it sets her up for the next movie cuz I was P.I.S.E.D. hahaha (all you "The Sweetest Thing" fans will get that). But other than that it was perfection. And for all you soap fans former "Guiding Light" alum Frank Grillo (Hart Jessup) is AMAZEBALLZ USA in this movie. Let's just say we haven't seen the last of him either. WOW!!!!! Oh and I am sad there wasn't a Chris Evans boxing butt shot from the first. Anyone else remember that scene where the camera zooms in on Chris' beautiful ass while he's boxing? (fans self) Oh and lemme tell you Anthony Mackie is a BREATH OF FRESH AIR! His character to Captain America is what Don Cheadle's character is to Iron Man...much needed sidekick to bounce stuff off of.

Run do not walk to see this movie. I will say if "The Avengers" was my fave superhero film of all-time then this is my second followed by "Captain America: The First Avenger."

Stay till the VERY end even after all the credits end. They set up for not only X-Men but to complete this story.

...my older posts