Almighty Thor

File:Almightythor.jpg
I'm not gonna lie I watched every frame of "Almighty Thor" simply to satisfy my obsession with Cody Deal. I currently follow him on twitter, FB, and Instagram (twitches) I'm obsessed with him. But hey I can be objective when it comes to movies...but he will be the father of my unborn children FYI. 


Now having said that it doesn't mean I can't give an honest review of this movie. Lemme start off with Cody's acting. He's PERFECTLY cast for the naive, eager Thor. But it's not better or worse than Chris Hemsworth. This leads me to the review of the movie. I feel like it's a prequel and separate from "Thor" with Chris Hemsworth. THANK GOD for Patricia Velasquez. Although I don't feel she & Cody had any chemistry her presence helped make his performance plausible. The one time I laughed outloud was when she said to him "Can you feel anything?" And he says flatly "A wall." Richard Grieco looked AWFUL! I dunno if maybe that was the point, but OH MAN! I personally loved him in my all-time fave Richard Grieco movie "If Looks Could Kill." This movie he just looked TIRED! 

Granted I know this is a SyFy movie...the same channel that brought us Sharknado. It didn't look that bad as far as special effects. If you watch other SyFy shows you'll know what I mean. But I thought the script was confusing. Why did Loki want the Hammer of Invincibility? Who is Loki to Thor & Odin? How did Loki get his powers? "Thor" by Kenneth Branaugh explained more and was very complete, but this movie left alot to interpretation.

For a TV on a reported $200k budget I will say it was a solid 3; mos def worth watching more than once. And my Cody did a really good job: He cried when needed, yelled when required, and was cluelessly funny in the appropriate places. He reminds me of a boy Marilyn Monroe: he's beautiful and looks very naive, but he's got WAY more going on than any of us realizes. I really hope he does more film action work. I could definitely see him as Aquaman in the new Justice League movie. (crosses fingers thinking of that bubble butt in green tights). Just wish the script was tighter. Thing with low budget movies is you gotta compensate with a great script to make up for the low budget. Hence why most indie movies do so well at awards shows.

...my older posts