Divergent

If you haven't read the books GO SEE THIS MOVIE. The world in the future is divided into four factions (agriculture, medical, law, and police force-I'm simplizing). At the age of 16 you take a mental test to see which faction you belong in. Some are born and bred in the faction, others can choose to leave their faction, others don't belong at all and are factionless. And others possess all four factions within them called Divergent. Thing is NO ONE likes Divergents. The factionless aren't threats they are simply today's homeless, but Divergents are a "threat" to society. Therein lies the story.


This movie is amazing from start to finish BECAUSE I didn't have a preconceived notion about characters or story. I loved every second of this movie. It was "The Hunger Games" but not! There are so many actors in this I can't even fit them all in this review, but each and every one is amazing! But lemme tell you seeing Kate Winslet as a bitch was inspiring. I don't think we've seen the last of her character.

Shaileen isn't so much Jennifer Lawrence nor is she trying to be. In this movie her character starts off physically weak but mentally strong. By the end she's borderline both. I love that. I love that she's not totally gone. And I think that was the point. Her chemistry with Theo James aka the other Franco brother is AMAZING, ELECTRIC, and needs to be reaped. At first you don't get how they are together, but by the middle of the film you understand everything. It's not confusing or over the topic complex. 

This is a five star review! I can't wait for the sequels...neither will you. 

...my older posts