The one about being a writer vs. a self-published author

So I think people think because I have published two books and working on a third that I'm a writer. I'm a writer who's got the special abilities to come up with anything creative and know the entire English dictionary inside and out. That's equivalent to a doctor knowing every single thing about the human body; even though he's a plastic surgeon. But he has Doctor before his name.  

I'm a self-published author. I came up with a story, but I'm not a professional. Writers are Jane Austen, William Shakespeare, JK Rowling, and Stephen King. These people have worldwide success as their talent gave them a career. That's what I aspire to be, but I'm not gonna pretend I'm something I'm not. Thanks for the compliment though. 

...my older posts