Hercules

Lemme just start off my saying this: The Rock in a Sandal & Swords Grecian movie where he's the titular character of Hercules. I immediately put on the mom voice of "The Nutty Professor" and clapped saying "Hercules, Hercules." Going into the film I said to myself "this will be dumb. The Rock is a former Wrestler." I say publicly and loudly I WAS WRONG! Out of 5 stars I give this 10 stars. SERIOUSLY! Why? Because I was shocked as shit! I will also go on record and saying my fave movie of 2014 Summer. (keep reading below)
Let's start off with The Rock aka Dwayne Johnson. His acting is MILES ahead of anything he's ever done. He cries when he's suppose to, acts cheesy when needed, and fights when required. This is his Russell Crowe "Gladiator" role (except he won't win an Oscar).  But lemme tell you if summer box office action movies had their own awards he'd win (he's a shoo-in for the MTV Movie Award). Not only that but he's surrounded by ACTORS not people wanted to be in a big budget movie (looks at The Legend of Hercules). The cast consists of Emmy nominees Rebecca Ferguson (Showtime's The White Queen), 2-time Oscar nominee John Hurt (the old guy in The Skeleton Key), Deadwood's Ian McShane, and William Shakespeare himself aka Monsignor Howard from "American Horror Story: Asylum" Joseph FINE Fiennes. Oh and my new female crush (sorry Angelina) Irina Shayk aka Mrs. Cristiano Ronaldo. Even the damn extras are great.

This movie takes itself VERY seriously and expects its audience to. There are actual twists and turns I NEVER saw coming in this movie. I legit was shocked and audibly gasped at some of the plotlines; Rebecca Ferguson has a scene in the movie that legit made me cover my mouth and almost cry. Nothing is boring or unrealistic in fact there are more STUNTS and very few CGI and mythical creatures. YES! This is what I'm saying. (I know you said REALLY?) and at the end of the movie I realized why the acting is on point, the sets are spectacular, the storyline is tight...Directed by Brett Ratner of "Rush Hour," "X-Men: The Last Stand," and Fox's 'Prison Break.' 

This movie is a summer MUST SEE IN THE THEATERS! The breaktaking cinematography, the battle scenes. It's something you can only enjoy in the movie theater. Go see it you will NOT be disappointed. This movie will easily make $500mil at the box office. I am probably gonna see it again too.

...my older posts