Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

If you liked the first "Sin City" you will love this one. It's too good not to see...but it feels a little bit dated. Keep reading.

Thing is Frank Miller wrote and directed this flawless story of love, revenge, and pride. Visually it's stunning as well, just like the first one. Only probably is it suffers from being the same as the first one. Since that movie a BUNCH of movies have copied it's format and style. 

Rosario Dawson, Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba, Powers Boothe, Jaime King, and Bruce Willis are back with Josh Brolin, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, & Eva Green. Everyone brings their A-game. Every looks fantastic. I just wish I didn't hear my favorite actress Angelina Jolie was attached to the role of Ava Lord played by Eva Green. Angie woulda been PERFECT for this movie, and it woulda made a buttload of money. Instead I was the only one in the theater two weeks after it premiered :( 

It's like Jessica Alba has grown but Nancy hasn't...the girl is still stripping after 9 years. I love how physical her role is reminds me of "Dark Angel." Then there's Joseph Gordon-Levitt who deserves an Oscar...yesterday! Even Bruce Willis (I won't ruin how he's back) does fantastic. The real star of the movie are Josh Brolin & Eva Green. Without them in this movie it would've been a good sequel maybe 2-3 stars, but they carry this show reaching out a hand for everyone else to jump on. My main reason for loving this show is everyone character has range. Not one character is all one thing or another. My only gripe is that Devon Aoki was not back. Jamie Chung is a fine recast, but Devon MADE the role. 

Personally I feel this is the movie you haven't seen. 4 stars out of 5. Yes it may be the same as before, but the storyline is amazing. Twists and turns you never saw coming. And above all visually stunning. If you are a fan of the first run to see this.

...my older posts