The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

I saw this movie a week ago and needed time to process. This movie was AMAZING. 5 stars without hesitation. Keep reading...
So let me start off by saying this movie was not even a movie. The way Francis Lawrence shot the movie and of course the way JLaw acts it felt like a home video or a reality TV show. Shooting it this way made it SO PERSONAL. Anytime Katniss cried, I cried. Anytime Katniss was happy, I was too. MY GOD I love JLaw. She is one of my new favorite actresses.

The story continues from Catching Fire. If you haven't seen Catching Fire I don't want to give any plot away, but it's nice to see Philip Seymour Hoffman in one of his last films. It reminded me how amazing he was. The dialogue is sharp, action scenes are powerful, and the acting is top-notch.

I've never really thought of Liam Hemsworth or Josh Hutcherson being strong actors until this movie. Josh especially. I think Josh is the newest child star to transition successfully into adult roles. WOW! I'm always Team Peeta, but moreso in this movie. The books didn't really play up the Gale/Katniss/Peeta triangle that the movie has, but it makes sense. Liam proves to everyone he's not just a tall, pretty face either. I've been impressed since Gale was whipped in the square, but he managed to up his game even in this movie too under the brilliant Francis Lawrence's direction (yes I have a thing for FL! He's amazing!!!! Water for Elephants, I Am Legend, Constantine the movie..., and he brought Gotham to FOX)

If you liked the first two movies you will love this one. I have no bad thing to say about it...oh wait I do. The damn cat. That's all I'll say. When you see it you'll understand and be as pissed about the damn cat as I was.

...my older posts