Girls Trip

Image result for girls trip


"Girls Trip" was a triumph on SO MANY LEVELS!


Number one it's hilarious...like having a coughing fit or crying laughing funny. The women GO THERE and aren't the least bit afraid. Number two 4 black women headlining a major motion picture from a major studio is another TRIUMPH! But the third and most important reason it works is because the women play drama, comedy, romance, romantic comedy, lil sci-fi, and buddy film ALL IN ONE.

Regina Hall is Ryan Pierce a successful author and married to retired football legend Mike Colter (drool...sorry) lol Queen Latifah is Sasha a mildly successful blogger aka Perez Hilton. Jada Pinkett Smith is divorced mommy and nurse Lisa. And Tiffany Haddish is the RIDICULOUSLY crazy Dina. They met in college and life has kept them together and apart. When Ryan gets the opportunity to go to New Orleans to promote her brand with her husband she invites her girls to reunite the "Flossy Posse."

This movie makes you wanna call your best friends...and I will never look at grapefruit the same way again. But another very subtle thing I love. Growing up black I always heard "never date a man darker than you." Well Kofi Siriboe is a dark skinned man that just happens to be INSANELY beautiful. And lemme tell you when he came on the screen fully clothed EVERY WOMEN AND GAY MAN in the theater gasped. This felt like Brad Pitt in "Thelma & Louise." Kofi is currently on "Queen Sugar" on OWN, but trust me after this movie we will see alot of him...not that I'll be complaining (bites my knuckle).

I love everything about this film and so glad I got the chance to see it. It's not the typical "black folks" movie this movie has a heart and everything about the black culture is a 5th leading character in this movie. It's done tastefully! If you haven't seen it...go! Trust me you will not regret it.

...my older posts