A Bad Moms Christmas

BadMomsChristmas.jpg

This movie was disappointing, but I'll give it 3 stars. Keep reading...
So the original movie was funny. Three moms that are just trying to be decent if not good moms. 

Sexpot Carla (Kathryn Hahn) is trying to raise her dim son Jaxon when her mom Isis (Susan Sarandon) steps out of a tractor trailer and back into her life. Overworked mom Kiki (Kristen Bell) is trying to wrangle her three kids and lazy husband Kurt when her mom Sandy (Cheryl Hines) arrives at her house 3 days earlier to sniff her hair and crowd her life. And Amy (Mila Kunis) finally has a great relationship with single dad Jessie (Jay Hernandez) when her mom Ruth (Christine Baranski) and dad Hank (Peter Gallagher) show up to raise her kids.

My problem isn't the setup. My problem is the execution and resolution. Everyone has issues with their moms. Carla & Isis don't have a relationship cuz Isis thinks Carla is a human ATM. Sandy doesn't know boundaries and smothers Kiki...aka she's a sMother. And Ruth overrules Amy to try and "push her to be the best." 

My problem is I know it's fiction but NO ONE stands up to their mom and when they do they're made to feel guilty. The moms NEVER learn their lessons and EVERYONE attacks the moms. It's frustrating to watch. When I watch a movie I like connecting with the characters like "Oh they are acting how I'd act." Not these fools. It actually angered me.

Wait for RedBox...or cable on this one.

...my older posts