Ozark

Image result for ozark
This show is so much better on the second time I viewed it. I'll give it 4 stars; keep reading.

Jason Bateman is married to Laura Linney. Together Martin "Marty" and Wendy have two kids Charlotte and Jonah. Marty is a financial advisor while Wendy is a stay-at-home mom. Marty partners with Bruce to form a company that ends up cleaning drug money through it. When Bruce is killed, Marty must move to the Missouri Ozarks with his family, find new businesses, and clean money basically for the rest of his life.

There is the premise for this show. First time I watched I hated this show, but upon a friend's suggestion I decided to rewatch, and I loved it...except for Charlotte. I really, really hate when characters in TV shows and movies don't speak up. This Charlotte chick is so disrespectful towards her parents, and they let her. It drives me NUTS and for me that's the one negative of this show. In fact if they killed her I'd be okay OR had her parents stand up to her just once. She's an emotional bully and I despise watching her onscreen. I also hate when shows paint one person as the bad guy constantly. And when he defends himself no one gets it. This is how Marty is written. Everyone shits on him and he tries defending himself only to give in to the bs. I get it's just a show, but I want to be entertained and see fantasy or realism. I HATE seeing this depressing bs.

Still I give it 4 out of 5 stars. And I love, love, love Jason Butler Harner as the FBI Agent onto Marty and his family. He is another reason I watch this show...his performance and he's a cutie patootie. Don't tell Josh Randall (Bruce) or Michael Mosley (Pastor Mason) I said that. Especially Mike he tends to get peanut butter and jealous hahaha It's great to see Josh and Mike onscreen too. Josh plays his usual cad; while Michael portrays against his usual playboy, funny characters as a pastor in Ozark with a young pregnant wife.  Ok so there's more than ONE reason I watch this show :D Also Kevin L. Johnson as the haphazard realtor. 

...my older posts