the 15:17 to Paris

Image result for the 1517 to paris movie
This movie was AMAZING! I'm giving it 5 out of 5 stars with like .10 off for two specific reasons, but it seriously was THAT good. Keep reading...

Spencer Stone and Alek Skarlatos grew up best friends/next door neighbors in Sacramento, CA. They met Anthony Sadler in Christian middle school and so began a lifelong friendship between the three. Fast forward to Spencer and Anthony taking a backpacking trip across Europe, meeting up with Alek in Germany, and the three traveling to Paris on the 15:17 train. What happens next changes the lives of 500 people forever.

I love how the script goes from present to past, how it shows how the things in their past shaped their future, how it shows their friendships, BUT my ONLY two things is it didn't show their romantic relationships AND it started to skip too fast past important things. Had there been a scene explaining their love lives and then just ONE montage after the train rescue showing them adjusting to their new lives. Those two scenes would've made this movie flawless for me.

And despite what critics say I loved that they used the real heroes in the movie. I can only imagine them having to relive everything, but it was amazing to watch. Highly recommend.

...my older posts