Winchester

Winchester (film).png
4 out of 5 stars. This movie is creepy enough to be scary, but a bit uneven. Keep reading...

Helen Mirren plays widow Mrs. Sarah Winchester whom also lost her only child (never revealed how either died or I missed it). She becomes a recluse in her home. After the death of her husband and daughter she visited a psychic. Before her husband died he was CEO of Winchester, the gun making company. The souls that die come to her home as they have unfinished business. She builds rooms that replicate their deaths and lock them in a room with 13 nails to help them deal before they cross over. Jason Clarke plays a doctor hired to assess if Mrs. Winchester is fit to run her husband's company.

I liked the supporting cast as well as the creepiness of the house. It reminded me of "American Horror Story Hotel." 

There are scares, twists, and unfortunately the typical scenes. People standing when they should be running, long speeches instead of action, and the person going upstairs instead of outside.

I am not a big fan of scary movies, but because this was based on a true story I wanted to see this. I'm glad I did. Highly recommend.

...my older posts