Breaking In

Image result for breaking in
Ok (tongue pop) I went into this movie wanting to love it, but no. Just no no no. 3 stars out of 5.



Gabrielle Union plays Shaun Russell, a married mom who goes to the damn woods to pack up her late father's house. Lemme tell you something FIRST OF ALL this is a piece of fiction cuz what black man owns a damn ranch in the boonies with horses? While visiting the home Shaun's kids are locked in the house as she's accosted outside on the phone. 

I am not taking away from Gabby's acting abilities, but the movie is a mess. One second it's detail oriented with the littlest thing matter, the next it's hopping over gaping holes and making me shake my head in disbelief. I DESPISE movies that keep repeating storyline pratfalls that have been there since the beginning of moviemaking. 

Example (not a spoiler) Shaun's realtor friend comes over and asks for Shaun when one of the kidnappers pretends Shaun ran to the store. She says "Her car is in the driveway" and notices her purse on the table. She gets skiddish and rushes back to her car, but instead of calling the police while INSIDE her locked car or even driving away first, she waits to get her car door OPEN...detailed writing then lazy. And I still am confused how the intruders KNEW what they knew. 

If Gabby wasn't such a good actress I'd give this movie a 2. Not a fan. It so wants to be Kidnap, but it just can't figure out how.

...my older posts