Kidnap

Image result

I wish Halle Berry would do roles like this every year! I loved her in The Call, and I loved her in this. Keep reading...


In this movie Halle Berry plays a divorced mother working as a waitress whose son gets kidnapped one day while they are at the park. This is not the average abduction movie though oh no. 

Halle's love interest is the love of her son. She stops at NOTHING to get her son back. There are believable situations and shocking twists. There are a couple of times where you say "COME ON DUMMY!" but those are few and far between. This movie is one for the books because it doesn't rely on the same damsel in distress, do what the kidnappers say BS we're so use to from Hollywood. She fights back and when I mean fights back I mean FIGHTS BACK! And she's very smart. Her character picks up on EVERYTHING!

The best part about this film is as you're watching you think to yourself "this is what I'd do," and she pretty much does it. I loved this film and pray Halle's agent gets her more roles like this aka kickass female roles.

*bows down to Halle*

...my older posts