Tag

Tag (2018 film).png
Before you judge the point of this movie, realize this REALLY is based on a true story from the Wall Street Journal about a group of childhood friends whom have been playing tag since they were kids. REAL footage of these men at the end of the movie. Having said that this movie is at least a 4 out of 5 stars. Although I liked it alot, I couldn't watch it another viewing. Keep reading...
Every May for the past 30 years this group of friends plays Tag. Even though they live in different states it has forced them to be a part of each other's lives....except for Jerry (hot man-angel on two legs Jeremy Renner). Jerry is so competitive he's excluded himself from their lives BECAUSE he doesn't want to be tagged...he's never been tagged in 30 years. 

The movie isn't just about a silly game of tag, but it's about how we let competition and sportsmanship overall the point of things. It also showed us the difference in generations. Kids today don't know anything about tag, their faces are stuffed in electronic devices. And do you think they have best friendships? NOPE! Every person over 30 has played outside as kids. Kids under 25 have no idea what outdoor games, longlasting friends, and secrets are. They are all about telling secrets for viral videos, posts, and clicks/likes. 

I liked this movie alot, BUT the execution was a little uneven. Some of the romantic entanglements and "fun" moments were like "meh!" Again I liked the movie, but I didn't love it. Worth seeing though. Ed Helms, Hannibal Buress, Jon Hamm, and Jake Johnson did a great job. For me though Isla Fisher MADE the movie; I friggin LOVE her!!! But Jeremy was the reason I saw the movie (wipes drool). Great summer movie, but I really hope people get the underlying message of friendship and bonding.

...my older posts