Sicario: Day of the Soldado

Image result for sicario
I fell asleep TWICE in the original...on two separate occasions. This sequel is amazing! I loved it so much that I'm actually seeing it a second time. 

Not trying to give anything away. Premise the US Government wants to bring down Mexican cartels that smuggle Mexicans over the border illegally. The Secretary of Defense (Matthew Modine) tasks Cynthia (Catherine Keener) with the job. She hires CIA Operative director (Josh Brolin) who knows only ONE person to hire: Alejandro (Benicio del Toro). This movie is like unleashing a rabid dog on cartels as they "sloppily" kidnap the daughter of a well-known Mexican cartel leader and blame it on another Mexican cartel. Of course things get crazy but SO GOOD!

I loved this movie so much because it's just non-stop suspense. 5 out of 5 stars!

...my older posts