Halloween

Halloween (2018) poster.jpg
My second favorite horror film of all time after "Scream." 5 out of 5 stars!!!!!

This movie is kind of a reboot. It takes place 40 years from Michael Meyers' first attack. What's that mean? The first and second Halloween movies are two days apart. Michael kills 5 people. And then he's locked up. After that he escapes death, escapes prison, and stalks Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis).

So 40 years after the original movie when was locked up Laurie is hole up in a house outfitted with cameras and traps. Her daughter Karen (Judy Greer) was raised to defend herself from "the boogeyman" by Laurie from birth to 12 when the state took Karen away. Karen grew up, got a job, a husband, and bore teenage daughter Allyson (Andy Matichak).

Allyson and her friends are being stalked by Michael, who is clearing a path to Laurie...the one that got away all those years ago. Laurie is Linda Hamilton in "T2" as she lives to protect her family and kill Michael.

Part of me wants a sequel but this movie was SO PERFECT! But having a movie made for $15 million grossing $188 million in two weeks I KNOW Hollywood will make a sequel. I dunno HOW Michael could've survived but I can kinda see how too. 

This movie had 1 horror movie cliche (I won't spoil it cuz I'm nitpicking) otherwise it was perfect. I went with my nephew who rarely reacts to stuff...he jumped a minimum of 4 times. And my coworker whom I saw it with the first time screamed every 15 minutes. Like WOW! This movie was scary/suspenseful but you know what? I'd see it again in a heartbeat.

For some reason Karen's husband Michael played by Toby Huss is so adorably adorable. He's kind of this sarcastic John Michael Higgins. And funny and sweet. I kinda wanna make out with him hahaha everytime he was onscreen I think I blushed. Just another reason to go see it. Hi Toby hahaha

...my older posts