The Girl in the Spider's Web

The Girl in the Spider's Web poster.png
A sequel to "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" picks up with Lisbeth Salander (Claire Foy) living in Stockholm, Sweden contracted by whomever needs her computer hacking services. This time it's Frans Balder (Stephen Merchant). He wants Lisbeth to steal his program Firefall from the US Government. Only when she does some "bad men" steal it from her. Now the search begins to retrieve it back AND find out whom these "bad men" are. What Lisbeth discovers is that sometimes the truth can uncover a painful past.

Claire Foy is PERFECTLY recast. I don't even remember Rooney Mara's performance. Sverrir Gudnason takes over for Daniel Craig as Mikael Blomqvist. The chemistry between Lisbeth and Mikael is still there, but also there's the hurt. I do love how they tell Lisbeth's past and explain how she became her. The script is airtight and meticulously written.

I kinda wish they remade the first THEN came out with this. That's how good this one was. I didn't do so well at the box office but I loved it. 4 stars out of 5. I don't want to give away a spoiler but one of the "bad men" has a reason for being bad. It ANGERS me why. Like legit irrational even though Lisbeth says what the entire audience wants her to say.

...my older posts