90210

The new incarnation of "Beverly Hills, 90210" started in 2009. I LOVED the first run of the show so was excited for this new version. I was not disappointed. The first season was SO AMAZING!

Thing about the show I loved was it took all the characters from the original show and transposed them here.

Jim Walsh was Principal Harry Wilson
Cindy Walsh was Debbie Wilson
Brandon Walsh was adopted black son Dixon Wilson
Brenda Walsh was Annie Wilson
Kelly Taylor was Naomi Clark
Dylan McKay was Ethan
David Silver was Navid
Andrea Zuckerman was Erin Silver
Donna Martin was Adrianna Tate-Duncan
Nate was basically replaced by teacher Ryan

They then introduced a Steve character named Teddy Montgomery, replaced Ethan with Liam Court, and mixed in a character I now LOVE to hate Naomi's scheming sister Jen.

When I originally watched this show from Sept 2009 to Dec 2010 I don't think I appreciated it or Jen. She was unlike Georgina from Gossip Girl likeable but you hate her. Very multifaceted and played excellently by Sara Foster!!!!

My struggle now is watching the second season. Although it's good you can tell there's a new writer in charge. One character whom in the first season was DONE with his girlfriend cuz she was "crazy" is now begging her for another chance and lying to his best friend to win her over. UM did the new writer not watch the first season?

The best and most brilliant part is introduction of old characters. Brenda, Kelly, and Donna have been on. Kelly is Erin Silver's half-sister and guidance counselor at school. Donna is Erin's sister-in-law. The writers have done an amazing job incorporating them into the show without overkill.

The bad news it's getting what I call messy. Introducing new characters and mixing them with old was one thing I detested about the original that the current is doing. Thankfully the new people have added to growth of this new cast and haven't stayed but I just hate when shows do that.

My favorite character is probably Annie. Brenda was my fave character from original but I relate to Annie the most. I see where she comes from and why she does what she does. Plus I just LOVE Shenae Grimes hahaha She's sooooooo adorbs.

All in all check out "90210" but do what I did and watch it via Netflix from the beginning. Good summer program :)

...my older posts